Account Manager Eastern Europe, Turkey, Russia & Middle East
Phaidon Press is the world’s leading publisher of books on the visual arts, with offices in London, Berlin and New York, and distributors worldwide. We have published books with some of the most creative artists, architects, designers, photographers and chefs of the 20th and 21st centuries. To strengthen our export sales team, we are currently looking for a Account Manager Eastern Europe, Turkey, Russia & Middle East.
The account manager will report into the International Sales Director and will be responsible for selling into our existing customers in Eastern Europe, Turkey, Russia & Middle East. They will drive the business towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company strategy. The job will involve frequent travel.
- Execute the sales strategy for the assigned accounts in the assigned markets in order to meet or exceed revenue targets
- Selling our new product and backlist titles
- Setting up sales promotions and develop trade marketing initiatives to drive the sell through of our products within the assigned accounts
- Provide timely and accurate feedback to the International Sales Director regarding performance and development in the assigned territory
- Provide timely and accurate sales forecasting figures for the assigned accounts
- Provide timely and accurate visit reports
- Control expenses to meet budget guidelines
- Work on a full time basis
- Work in close collaboration with the International Sales Director
Experience & skills
- Proven experience of successful working in a sales environment, preferably in the book industry
- Understanding the market, the market potential and competitors' products
- Willingness to travel a lot and work flexible hours
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal
- To be self-motivated but able to work as part of a team
- Good organisational and time management skills
- A positive attitude
- Good working with different cultures
- Good negotiation skills and persuasiveness
- Initiative and entrepreneurial skills
- To enjoy networking and meeting new people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, preferably one other relevant language
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter for the attention of Koen Mastenbroek, International Sales Director, to Zek Tahir at firstname.lastname@example.org
Account Manager United Kingdom
This is a fantastic opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial, commercially minded professional to join the world's leading publisher of books on the visual arts. This nationwide role offers a strong customer portfolio varying from bookshops, wholesalers, museums, galleries, design shops as well as non-trade outlets. You will work closely with our Sales & Business Development Manager and Account Manager in the UK.
- Selling our products to a list of existing customers and finding new customers in London and other parts of the UK
- Setting up sales promotions and developing trade marketing initiatives to drive the sell through of our products with your customers
- Execute the sales strategy for the specified accounts in order to meet and exceed revenue targets
- Provide timely and accurate feedback on the customers in your territory
- Provide timely and accurate sales forecasting figures for your customers
- Provide timely and accurate visit reports and travel plans
- Control expenses to meet budget guidelines
- Work in close collaboration with the Sales & Business Development Manager UK and another Account Manager in the UK
Experience & skills
- Proven experience in a sales environment, preferably in the book industry - Understanding of the market, the market potential and competitor activity - Ideally based in London, with a willingness to travel nationwide and work flexible hours - Good communication skills, both written and verbal - To be self-motivated and able to work as part of a team - Good organisational and numerical skills as well as being persuasive and having a proven track record in negotiating and closing deals - Initiative and entrepreneurial skills - To enjoy networking and meeting new people
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter for the attention of Koen Mastenbroek, International Sales Director, to Zek Tahir at email@example.com. Please send before Monday the 4th of February.
Business Development Executive - Digital Subscriptions
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Business Development Executive to drive customer acquisition for a new digital subscription product from the world's leading publisher of art and design titles.
Reporting to the Product Manager, this new role is "hands on" as part of a highly motivated, multidisciplinary and dynamic team. You will design, develop and implement a business development strategy to meet or exceed revenue targets for assigned markets for a major new digital product in the architecture sector. The role is based in the UK and will include regular travel in the UK and overseas including North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
What are we looking for?
You'll be target-driven and achievement focused. Confident with a professional, proactive approach, you'll be able to demonstrate exceptional communication, relationship building and business development skills. With a good track record of customer acquisition, you will be a natural influencer, and self-starter, you'll be tenacious, dedicated and have a creative and original approach to securing new business.
Experience of working in architecture, or dealing with architects is essential, as is a passion for and knowledge of contemporary architecture at an international level.
What we offer?
- Opportunity to work on a significant digital product for a worldwide community of architects, with one of the world's leading publisher of books on the visual arts, culture and creativity
- Very competitive remuneration and commission structure
Email your CV to Robert Easson firstname.lastname@example.org along with a covering letter outlining key achievements in driving customer acquisition
We now have a unique opportunity for a talented marketing professional to join the marketing team, driving our promotional campaigns on to new heights and challenges, so that the full potential is achieved, to develop and execute marketing plans that will sell Phaidon books and promote the brand to the right audience. The position is based in the company's London office and responsible for all marketing activity in the UK and involved in a supportive capacity with activities and projects in the rest of the world, excluding North America.
- Reporting to our Marketing Director, you will devise and implement a marketing strategy to increase the profile and sales of our books
- The successful candidate will need to be able to juggle a number of projects at any one time and be able to prioritise their work load as well as communicate clearly and effectively with internal stakeholders
- A passionate interest in the areas in which Phaidon publishes is also essential together with a professional, tenacious attitude to see that things get done
- We are seeking a candidate that will thrive in a strong editorial culture that creates innovative, useful and beautifully-produced books
This is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial, commercially minded professional to join the world's leading publisher of books on the visual arts.
For more details or to apply, please send your full CV, with a covering letter for the attention of Inca Waddell, Marketing Director to Zek Tahir at email@example.com.
Student Placement - Digital Publishing, Architecture
Phaidon is seeking a current student to intern with us on a large-scale architectural database and digital project for a minimum of 3 months in our London headquarters.
The placement would ideally be suited for a student in architecture, publishing or information sciences with a strong interest in electronic publishing. Knowledge of online publishing tools, Adobe Creative Suite software, research methodologies and foreign languages would be useful. A keen interest in contemporary architecture and digital media is essential. Responsibilities will include art-working, fact-checking, research, copy-editing and updating content.
Please note that this is an unpaid, expenses-only placement. It must be undertaken as a required element of a course.
To apply, please send your CV along with a statement of no more than 200 words highlighting your interest. E-mail Jean-Francois Goyette at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Phaidon Atlas Placement".
Junior Design Assistants
Phaidon Press often require junior design and/or art-workers to assist in their London offices with the layout of large-scale projects.
Recent design graduates interested in fixed-term work should send their CVs or portfolios to Sarah Boris, Design Manager at email@example.com.